05 November 2014

Reflections of a sick leave

So, you are unwell since a couple of days. You are on sick leave. You are resting, as the doctor ordered you to stay at home. But the mind doesn't want to rest. It keeps going on free-flight, either worrying about personal things or about work issues.

Best thing to do. Distract yourself.

I have been watching some TV series on you tube. Some movies, English and Hindi. Listening to some music. And sleeping a lot.

This particular sickness has given me a lot to think. I am brooding, planning, re-considering a lot of decisions. My phone has been beeping with various types of messages (text, email, whatsapp etc) and I am not bothered enough to get up and check who is trying to contact me. This solitary reflection is more important.

So, when you analyse and reflect on the current situation of your life, your future goals, how much has been achieved (or discarded) as per previous plans - basically take a critical view of your current life - are you really happy?

I don't think anybody is completely happy with their achievements at all times. I am not. But I am still satisfied with my current life. Up-to a large extent. There is a lot more to be done. The journey is not over yet. There is a long way to go.

Overall, it is a gloomy evening today. Time to self analyse, criticize and plan ahead. No, this is not a happy prospect. Today, the mind wants to wander into practicalities and not dreams. So be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers