26 August 2015

My true nature





At times, I just find myself disinterested in the events around me. As if, it doesn't even matter what the world cares about. It doesn't matter how it affects my own life. I just want to be elsewhere. Doing something better.

Maybe just read a book. Or watch a movie. Or pass my time on the internet. Or just sleep.

Have a heart-to-heart chat with a friend. Watch the rain, sipping hot cup of tea, listening to the pitter-patter drum-roll music. Hum a melody. Sing-along to a slow, soothing rhythm.

Maybe, have a philosophical debate about things that are on a higher strata of existence. Or just brood over the intellectual scarcity in the world, in general.

Or just sit and write down my thoughts. Like I am doing now.


Today seems to be a day when my mind refuses to come down to the practical, everyday level of thought. It wants to wander into the ethereal. Wonder about Universal Truth. Dream about what could have been......
Plan for an ideal life...!

I want to focus on a future where I am not tied down to mediocrity. Where I have the freedom to live as per my own terms. Where I could rise above the mundane.
A time when there would be no worry about "bread-and-butter." When I would be free to make decisions for things that matter to me.

Where there would be no need to tolerate gossips, work politics, family mind-games, trivialities and banalities that form the crux of most human lives

To see a day when I would be completely rid of all ridiculous bonds. Living a fuller, more meaningful life. Where I wouldn't be forced to stoke empty egos and indulge in futile diplomacy. To speak my mind and walk away when I want to.




Freedom to breathe fresh air. Move away from the air-conditioned confines of a corporate desk-job.

Freedom from unnecessary complications.
Freedom to choose.

Just be.
Myself.

Free.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers