30 January 2016

A Dream that turned to Dew



I originally wrote this on 4th March 2012 and shared it as a Note on Facebook.

Here lay I 
On the verge of Dawn 
At the end of a restless Night 
Thinking thoughts of you...
Through winding lanes and nettles lies 
The path of my life so far 
There's just onward to go 
There's never turning back 
From step to step 
And beat to beat 
From thought to thought ahead 
Ahead the endless march proceeds 
On two lonely feet 
Hither I never hoped ever 
For another to walk by me 
So my nettled path I made so narrow 
Sufficient for me. 
Now when you hold my hand 
And walk in step along 
And smile the smile you know so well 
I just cannot fall back! 
I don't know how to widen this way 
And why don't you mind the thorns that lay 
In this my life's pathway? 
Why do you seem so happy to be 
Just here besides me? 
This journey so far has been so long 
So long weary it was! 
But no companion walked with me 
Who made it quite so far 
Beware beware my friend beware 
This Heart has burnt to ash 
If you seek apple blossoms fair 
Here your hopes will be dashed 
My friend just be by me 
But don't dream any dream 
For dreams are mist 
That turns to dew 
With the dawn's first wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers