11 December 2019

Land of Lore

If only the rocks
Would talk

If only the trees
Condescend to please

What have they seen?
What did they hear?
What secrets do they carry?
Of travellers who tarry.

If only I knew
Of all those
Who walked through
This world 'fore me

If only I saw
The glories of past
The victories of old
All ancient deeds

Tales of the bygone
Era of unknown
Times of the past
Tense and glad, all

No I won't abide
In the present of time
My heart beset of lore
Of days past galore

Those gracious, grave wenches
Those lads courageous
Tales and stories
Old and gracious

Oh transport me there
Where time doth stand still
Oh bring forth that age
Life had more meaning still

Lead me from here
This frivolous shallow vale
Bring forth that shore
Breezy, windy, gale

I pine like a sore
Open wounded bird
I belong not here
Know not elsewhere

Eccentric my demeanor
Lost is my Soul
Broken my Heart
Fretful Life, as a whole

Fill in that gap
Sow me that Hope
Wholesome the weed
With flowers of dope

Endless to the sleep
Flailing no more
Calm let me lie
In those lands of lore.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers