09 January 2015

A series of unfortunate incidents

I had a minor setback today. Needed to wait back at work extra for an activity. Then while leaving, got to know that there is a major traffic jam on my regular route. So we decided to take another route home. Got a flat tyre on the way. Finally we are on our way home again.
This made me analyse the changes that have taken place in me. A few years ago, I would have been extremely angry and short with everyone in the same situation. Today, I am calm and just focussed on the resolution.
Maybe, it is just experiencing life in general. Maybe, it was some effort I put to control my short tempered nature over the years. Maybe, it is just a natural change with changing times.
It is a good change and made me think over my whole day today. I faced a disappointment personally which had completely spoilt my mood. I was upset, lost in my thoughts, irritable and waiting for the day to get over.
Then towards the end, these above things happened. But they didn't affect me more. I stayed normal and took it in my stride.
I guess I must just focus on the good parts of the bad events daily and not just on a day when I am happy. Unfortunate things will keep happening. Life will continue to throw surprises. Not all of them would be welcome from my standpoint. But why waste time, energy and my positivity for these little everyday things?
This is routine. Shit happens. You move on. I should keep telling myself this daily for now. Maybe, this is also something I will soon naturalise.
Emotions are energy. What happens with me, what people say or do around me is all energy. I am attracting these things towards myself. And I know this. So, let's stay focussed on being positive. Spread cheer and it will come back. Who wants to be surrounded by gloomy darkness, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers