03 May 2018

Unmasked

Faces.

Everywhere you go,
Faces, and their expressions.
Blank.

Do you see the
Eyes, though.
Their expressions say so much.

Masks. All masks.

Raucous laughter,
Inspiring confidence,
Pride,
Achievement.

Choose your mask,
Which one would you like to wear today?

Oh but for that one person,
Who could unmask me!

See the fear
Behind the confidence.

The tear
Behind the laughter.

The lone Soul
Lost amidst the crowd of admirers.

Leaving the crowd behind
Being alone at the shore
Watching the waves crash

Alone.
In the ebb and flow of life
Passing by.

Observing the minor slips
In others' masks.

Does someone observe me too?
Would someone care enough?
Would someone
Look at my eyes?

Maybe they should not.
Once I remove my mask
People leave.

It is so much comfortable
To just be alone.
Yes, lonely too
But safe.

Oh! To have that happiness
Within grasp,
And then snatched away
Like a straw in a gust of wind.

Holding on to straws
That is how it is.

And they too
Fall away.

Some hopes do stay with me.
Just the one which
Eludes capture.

That one diminishing flame

Oh but for that one person,
Who could unmask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers